In this 5-part lesson the student will learn three sounds, a kick, hi-hat, and rimshot and be able to combine them into an 8-Beat pattern. An 8-beat pattern is a beat pattern with 8 sounds in one bar or measure.
At the end of the lesson the student will be able to:
(1) explain how plosive sounds are made and the term ejective
(2) make a kick drum sound based on a bilabial plosive (“b” sound)
(3) make a hi-hat sound based on a dental plosive (“t” sound)
(4) make a rimshot sound based on a velar plosive (“k” sounds)
(5) explain how beatboxers force a sound using the forced effector to create a short oscillation
(6) make an 8-beat pattern using three different sounds.
BZZKTT Version 8.2 • © 2015-2020 Gavin ‘Beatbox’ Tyte (aka TyTe) • All Rights Reserved
BZZKTT is kindly hosted by Alex Tearse from Reefnet.
Special thanks to Alex Tearse, Paul Arnett, Michael Wyatt, Tyler Thompson, Helen Tyte, David ‘Goznet’ Gosnell, and Jerusalem Productions.